Come To Our Discovering Christ Information Night
Aren't your curious what your life would be like if you had a personal, one-on-one relationship with Jesus Christ? It goes way beyond knowing abut Jesus to knowing and loving Jesus personally and realizing Jesus knows and loves you personally.
You can find out if Discovering Christ is for you by coming to one our Information Nights:
- Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 7:00 pm at St. Rita Church OR
- Thursday, Sept. 5 at 7:00 pm at Holy Trinity Church
Our ChristLife team will be on hand to explain what Discovering Christ is all about and answer all of your questions.
What is ChristLife?
The ChristLifeTM Series is a three-step process that is changing lives and transforming parishes throughout the United States. It is a proven method of igniting new evangelization and creating a culture of sharing God’s love. ChristLife provides a great opportunity for Catholics and non-Catholics alike to encounter Jesus and to grow in relationship with Him. Discovering Christ began at St. Rita and Holy Trinity parishes last fall with over 160 people participating. We're doing it all over again starting in September, 2019
The ChristLife series consists of three sequential programs called Discovering Christ, Following Christ and Sharing Christ and is hosted jointly by Holy Trinity and Saint Rita parishes. Discovering Christ is the first of the three series and begins Sunday, September 22, 2019.
What is Discovering Christ?
Discovering Christ is our first seven-week experience starting Sunday, September 22. Anyone and everyone, from the baptized in the pews to the unchurched, is invited to hear the Good News and personally encounter Jesus Christ. Discovering Christ helps people enter into or renew a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, experience the love of God the Father, and be empowered by the Holy Spirit to live as God’s children. Discovering Christ will run for seven Sunday evenings plus a Saturday retreat and will begin this fall starting on Sunday, September 22, 2019. A typical evening session consists of four components:
- a shared meal
- song / prayer time
- a video teaching
- small group discussions.
Question and Info Sheets:
- Click HERE to download "How is Discovering Christ Uniquely Catholic"
- Click HERE to view a YouTube Video about Discovering Christ
- Have Questions or want to be added to our email list? Email Julie Cohn at the Parish Office at Julie.Cohn@dor.org
- Registration including meals and materials is FREE
The dates, times and locations for Discovering Christ are as follows:
The seven Sunday evening sessions will be held at St. Rita Church. Gathering / registration is from 5:00 to 5:30 pm and dinner starts promptly at 5:30 pm.
The dates for the Sunday evening sessions are:
- Sunday, September 22, 2019
- Sunday, September 29, 2019
- Sunday, October 6, 2019
- Sunday, October 13, 2019
- Sunday, October 20, 2019
- Sunday, November 3, 2019
- Sunday, November 10, 2019
A Saturday retreat will be held at Holy Trinity Church on October 26, 2019 and will run from 9 am to 3 pm, including lunch.
What others have said:
- “This is the first time I have done something for myself ahead of the kids. If I am at peace, it brings peace to my family. This has given me peace.” -- Cynthia Fullone
- “I am just coming back to the Church after many years and this was very helpful to me.” -- Ann Cecchi
- “It has allowed me to connect to Catholicism in a way outside of weekly Mass. I have learned so much about my faith and God. It was enriching to learn something new every week.” -- Mark Vaccarelli
Fill out the fields below to register for Discovering Christ.