St. Rita Roman Catholic Church
1008 Maple Dr.
Webster, NY 14580
585-671-1100
Weekend Masses: Saturday- 5:00pm
Sunday- 7:30am; 9:00am (children's liturgy); 10:30am
Daily Mass is at 8:15am on Monday, Tuesday,
Thursday, and Friday (no Mass on Wednesday)
Reconciliation: Saturday from 3:30-4:30pm
Office Hours: M-Th 9am to 4:30pm; Fri 9-12:00pm

"Brothers and sisters: I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread, and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, "This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes." ~2 Corinthians 11:23-26

Dear parishioners and friends,

This weekend we celebrate the Solemnity of the Body and Blood of Christ, traditionally known as Corpus Christi. Jesus is the reason we continue to celebrate the Eucharist.  He gives us His Body and Blood for food because only God can satisfy the hunger we have in our hearts.  Through the gift of the Holy Eucharist, Jesus literally gives of himself to us so that we can be nourished and saved.

We congratulate our Fifth Graders who will be moving on from St. Rita School, and ask God's blessing on all our parish children, as they come to the close of the school year.  We had a beautiful Mass followed by our traditional "moving up" to a new grade ceremony and lots of "Blue and Gold" fun was happening! A special thank you to the school staff and faculty and especially to all the parents and parishioners who supported and volunteered countless hours to assist our children, teachers, and principal!

I would like to extend my gratitude to everyone who made a gift and prayed for the success of our Catholic Ministries Appeal - it worked! As of Tuesday, we are only $534 short of our goal.  Your generosity is remarkable and please know that this money will be put to good use serving the people and staff of St. Rita parish as well as providing ministry support and services to those in need throughout our Diocese.

A bit overwhelming, but now comes the time that I extend me sincere gratitude to the Saint Rita Church and School community.  Fr. Mike extends his gratitude as well, as both of us now move on to new assignments and locations.  We both have been busy packing boxes and containers and have countless wonderful memories to take with us.

As I write this reflection, know what a blessing it has been to serve as a priest here, to celebrate the Sacraments, the circumstances of your life, anointings, funerals, baptisms, weddings, celebrating anniversaries, school events, attending various gatherings, all part of parish life.  Your family has become my own as I have been deeply privileged to walk a bit of life's journey with you.

Know that I will continue to ask God to bless you and keep you safe in his love.

Fr. Gonyo

Thank you Fr. Gonyo and Fr. Mike for sharing your gift of faith and walking with us on life's journey. We wish you well in your new assignments and we will keep you in our prayers!